Wednesday, January 8, 2014

AWESOME NEWS!!

"The" Post
Yes, that post. 

I'm sorry I've been rather quite on my personal blog. And on Facebook. And on Twitter. I've been writing. A lot. As in an entire book then major revisions. But I'm here now to break my silence and shout from the rooftops some exciting news...

I have a book deal with Entangled Teen!!!! 
ANOMALY, the first of three books in the 
Schrodinger's Consortium Series, a young adult
Science Fiction trilogy based on quantum physics, 
will hit shelves in November IN PRINT, with Liz Pelletier, publisher/editor of Entangled Publishing, as my editor!!

Here's the blurb:
The world is not what it seems. What the general population thinks is reality, is an illusion. The forefathers of quantum physics, Shrodinger & Heisenberg, were on to something. A small percentage of people can create reality simply through the act of observation. 

Josie Harper doesn't believe it at first either. But then weird things happen - events she can't explain or ignore. 

When Reid Wentworth rides into town with his sexy smile and smart-ass attitude, talking of Anomalies and Pushing, Josie wants to push him right out of her life. But Reid's training stints show Josie how right he is - and how much she needs him...in so many ways.

And now, their secret race in on the verge of civil war. Josie has to make some tough choices. Some of them could cost her life, some could cost all of humanity’s.

***
SO? Whatcha think? It can be summed up as The Matrix meets Divergent in contemporary high school. It combines intrigue, action, and romance.

I owe an enormous THANK YOU to Nicole Resciniti, my agent, and Liz Pelletier, my editor/publisher, for giving me, a debut author, the opportunity to make my dreams a reality.

For all those writers out there with the hope of being published one day...don't give up. It can happen. I'm proof. And it might not happen when you think, or how. But that's okay. What really matters is not giving up on a passion or a dream. Work hard and go after it.

And now, in celebration of my news, Damon says cheers!
(If you read his lips he's telling me I'm pretty.)





26 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Tonya! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! *throws confetti all over the internet*:) SO PROUD OF YOU T AND SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *dances in confetti, slips and fall then makes confetti snow angels* THANK YOU!!!! I wouldn't have gotten here without your there for me in so many ways!!! LOVE YOU! xoxox

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!! That's such exciting news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is AWESOME! And, I'm a scientist, but physics makes my brain melt, so my hat's off to you, madam! You rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha! Thank you, Jen. And, believe me, it totally screws with my brain! :D

      Delete
  5. WHOOO!!!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! Can't wait to read it. Sounds amazing!! <3333 We're going to celebrate at RT! Drinks on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SQUEEEEE!!! Thank you, Erica!! Yes, we're def going to celebrate!

      Delete
  6. So proud of you!! Can't wait to read it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK you, Eliza! And thank you for reading my early draft of my last novel. CPs rock!!! xoxo

      Delete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS, love you, T!!! *tackle hug*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exciting. Congratulations. Sounds fab. Off to check it out now. :) Happy writing. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK you so much for stopping by, Liane! So nice to "meet" you! :)

      Delete
  9. Oops. Just went on Amazon to buy it and then came back here and realise I read November 2014 as 2013. I look forward to it. Congratulations again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) OMG...that is SO awesome! That were going to BUY it! Thank you bunches!!! *hugs*

      Delete
  10. It sounds really interesting! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Late to the party, but congrats! I'm so thrilled for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Awesome Comments